Many thanks to everyone who signed up in advance for HBI’s Neuroscience Across the Charles symposium. You made it possible for us to confirm our larger venue this year.
We are delighted to have a mix of students, postdocs and faculty from all across FAS, HMS and our hospitals registered. In addition to the exciting line-up of talks by Hopi Hoekstra, Connie Cepko, Dragana Rogulja, Fred Alt, Lisa Goodrich and Paola Arlotta (details below and attached), we’ll have a fun lunch hour featuring Latin, Asian and Italian stations and a beer and wine reception after.
The venue is only 15 minutes away from Biolabs/Northwest. If you haven’t yet registered -- please reserve your spot ASAP! You will have an opportunity to confirm your attendance again in the week before the event.
Questions & suggestions welcome.
Harvard Brain Science Initiative
An HBI Symposium Celebrating Cross-Campus Collaborations
• Paola Arlotta and Lisa Goodrich: Decoding cellular diversity in the nervous system
• Hopi Hoekstra (collab w/Bob Datta): The genetic basis of natural behavior
• Connie Cepko (collab w/Sharad Ramanathan): Gene regulatory networks for cell fate determination in the retina
• Dragana Rogulja (collab w/Alex Schier): Genes that regulate sleep across species
• Fred Alt (collab w/Sunney Xie): DNA breakage and repair in neural diversity and disease
12:00 to 1:00pm: Lunch
1:00 to 4:30pm: Talks
4:30 to 5:30pm: Reception
About the Venue: The Student Organization Center at Hilles is a beautiful and spacious meeting place near Radcliffe Quad in Cambridge. You can walk there from NW/Biolabs in 15 minutes. If you have any transportation difficulties and need info on parking or shuttle services, please email me.